After Thursday’s release of the full schedule for the 2017 FIVB Men’s Club World Championships, FIVB officially put tickets for the event on sale. The tournament will be hosted in volleyball-crazy Poland from December 12th-17th.
Prices start at 29 zloty (approximately €6.85) for pool play and 39 zloty (€9.20) for the semifinals and finals, rising to 229 zloty (€54.00) for the best seats in the final in Krakow. Tickets are daily entrance, valid for both matches of the day.
This year’s tournament is being held two months later than past seasons – as more of a mid-season test right before holiday breaks rather than a pre-season warmup that it’s been in the past. The 2016 tournament was won by Brazil’s Sada Cruzeiro – the 3rd time that club has won the event ad 7th overall medal by a Brazilian team in 12 editions.
- Sarmayeh Bank Teheran VC (Iran) – AVC Club Championship winner
- Zenit Kazan (Russia) – CEV Club Championship winner
- Sada Cruzeiro Volei (Brazil) – CSV Championship winner
- ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle (Poland) – Host League Champion
- Cucine Lube Civitanova (Italy) – League Champion from the top country in the FIVB Rankings as of Dec. 31, 2016, not yet qualified
- Club Ciudad de Bolivar (Argentina) – League Champion from the top country in the FIVB Rankings as of Dec. 31, 2016, not yet qualified
- SKRA Belchatow (Poland) – Wild Card
- Shanghai Volleyball Club (China) – Wild Card