- Villanova, Pennsylvania
- Sept. 7-9, 2018
After a surprising loss to Villanova on Friday, #24 Utah recovered with wins over Temple and High Point to close out the Villanova Classic.
Meanwhile, the Wildcats fell to High Point in a sweep to round out the day. They wrapped up the tournament with a four-set win over Temple on Sunday.
For the weekend, Utah, Villanova and High Point each went 2-1, while Temple was 0-3 at the tournament.
Villanova def. #23 Utah 3-2, (20-25, 25-20, 16-25, 25-22, 15-19)
High Point def. Temple 3-0 (27-25, 25-20, 25-20)
Utah def. Temple 3-2 (23-25, 27-25, 25-27, 25-20, 15-8)
High Point def. Villanova 3-0 (25-22, 25-16, 25-19)
Utah def. High Point 3-1 (23-25, 25-22, 25-20, 25-23)
Villanova def. Temple 3-1 (21-25, 25-21, 25-18, 25-19)
- Utah: Dani Drews, Bailey Choy
- High Point: Abby Broadstreet, Abby Bottomley
- Utah’s Dani Drews posted two double-doubles on Saturday, notching 19 kills and 16 digs against Temple and adding 18 kills and 12 digs vs. High Point. The sophomore outside hitter also served up seven aces on the day. For the tournament, Drews registered 59 kills, 43 digs and 10 aces.
- Drews was one of three Utah players with double-doubles against Temple alongside Lauga Gauta (23 kills, 11 digs) and Bailey Choy (57 assist, 15 digs). The trio also notched double dips in the loss to Villanova on Friday. Drews and Choy finished off a trifecta of double-doubles against High Point.
- Five Temple players turned in double-digit dig efforts in Sunday’s contest with Villanova led by Mia Heirakuji‘s 19 saves. Katerina Papazoglou (13), Averi Salvador (12), Hannah Vandegrift (11) and Tyler Lindgren (10) followed. Papazoglou rounded out a double-double with 12 kills, while both setters Lindgren (26 assists) and Vandegrift (25 assists) also aided the team in multiple categories.