Week 8 brought 10 players into the 1,000 kill club, bumping the total of active members to 99 players. Three others reached the 1,000 dig milestone, pushing the number of players in that group to 149 members.
The 2,000 dig club gained a ninth member as UCF’s Jordan Pingel reached the plateau. LaSalle’s Jensen Sharrits is next up to reach that group, standing with 1,965 entering Week 9.
Four players are approaching the elite 1000 kill/1000 dig club, with three likely to reach the milestone on Week 9.
|Brenna McIlroy, Auburn||1,175||993|
|Devon Rachel, College of Charleston||1,125||999|
|Bryn Recker, James Madison||1046||962|
|Blessing Dunn, New Orleans||982||1212|
Newest 1,000 Kill Club Members
- 1,026 – Jacqueline Quade, Illinois – Quade posted eight kills in the team’s loss to No. 3 Minnesota to reach 1000. She then added a career-high 26 in the team’s upset win over Wisconsin.
- 1,022 – Maria Bellinger, Delaware – Bellinger entered Friday’s match with Northeastern needing 31 kills to reach 1,000 and came through with 33 putaways. She then tacked on 20 in the team’s 3-1 loss to Hofstra on Sunday.
- 1,019 – Margherita Bianchin, FIU – Bianchin surpassed 1000 kills with 15 in a five-set match against UTSA on Friday. She then notched 17 more against UTEP on Sunday.
- 1,016 – Emily Thorson, Tulsa – The senior notched 11 kills against Cincinnati on Friday and put down six kills in a four-set win over East Carolina on Sunday.
- 1,016 – Lindsey Knudsen, Saint Mary’s (CA) – Knudsen reached 1000 kills with a team-best 10 in a sweep of Gonzaga. She added 13 against Portland on Saturday.
- 1,011 – Meg Wolowicz, Northern Illinois – The senior became the 23rd member of the NIU 1000 kill club with an 18-kill effort against Buffalo on Saturday.
- 1,006 – Jenna Rosenthal, Marquette – On her first of seven kills in a sweep of St. John’s, Rosenthal tallied her 1000th kill.
- 1,005 – Melanie McHenry, Louisville – McHenry notched her 1000th kill in the midst of an 11-putaway effort in the team’s sweep of Virginia Tech.
- 1,002 – Paige Alsten, Mercer – Alsten posted 11 kills in the team’s Friday match against ETSU to join the 1000 kill club.
- 1,002 – Sabrina Stillwell, Brown – Still downed 11 kills against Dartmouth on Saturday to eclipse the 1000-kill plateau.
Approaching 1,000 Kills
|Mckenna Miller, BYU||986|
|Anna Haak, Marquette||983|
|Blessing Dunn, New Orleans||982|
|Rachel Giustino, Murray State||981|
|Jemma Yeadon, Notre Dame||980|
|Ann Ernst, Loyola Maryland||979|
|Kayla Williams, North Dakota||978|
|Emily Baptista, USC||969|
|Mikayla Shields, South Carolina||961|
|Ellie Dunn, Ball State||958|
|Jessica Wolf, Green Bay||956|
Newest 1,000 Dig Club Members
- 1,015 – Allison Penner, UNC Greensboro – The senior setter notched a 21-assist, 10-dig double-double to go over the 1000 dig mark against Furman on Friday. Penner is just 19 assists shy of 4000.
- 1,005 – Jade Tingelhoff, Cincinnati – The senior setter notched her 1000th career dig in the midst of a 43-assist, 11-dig double-double against Wichita State on Sunday.
- 1,004 – Kristen Stucker, Austin Peay – Stucker posted 13 digs in a five-set win over Western Kentucky on Tuesday, becoming the 21st member of the Govs’ 1000 digs club. She is the fifth Austin Peay setter to reach the 1,000-assist, 1000-dig club.
Approaching 1,000 Digs
|Devon Rachel, College of Charleston||999|
|Hailey Harward, Long Beach State||997|
|Patricia Mattingly, Navy||995|
|Abby Bottomley, High Point||993|
|Brenna McIlroy, Auburn||993|
|Lisa Mordell, Tulane||991|
|Madisen Zyburt, UNC Asheville||986|
|Madison Jaqua, Purdue Fort Wayne||974|
|Aleksandra Kazala, American||974|
|Elisa Edman, Davidson||973|
|Bryn Recker, James Madison||962|
|Shayne McPherson, Washington||959|
|Tatum Ticknor, Arkansas State||953|
|Brianna Doehrmann, Utah||952|
Leave a Reply