Dutch national team fixture Anne Buijs will be joining the Italian side, Saugella Team Monza, for the 2018-19 pro season. The 6-3 (191 cm) outside attacker spent last year in the Turkish league with Nilufer Belediyesipor. A year earlier, she claimed the 2017 Brazil Superliga championship with Sesc/Rio de Janeiro, for which she played a single season.
In addition to her long and illustrious professional career, Buijs has worn the orange for the Dutch national team for the past decade, having made her debut in 2008. The Netherlands are currently sitting in 5th place in the Volleyball Nations League (#VNL) table.
Career accolades include being named Best Outside Attacker at the European Championships in 2015 and then again in 2017. She was also named Best Outside Attacker at the 2015 Montreaux Volley Masters.
Several of her future teammates on Monza will be American middle blocker Rachael Adams and Italian opposite Serena Ortolani, with whom Buijs played professionally for another Italian side, Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio, several years ago during the 2013-14 season.
ANNE BUIJS‘ PROFESSIONAL CAREER
- Italy: Saugella Monza (2018-19)
- Turkey: Nilufer Belediyesi (2017-18)
- Brazil: Sesc/Rio de Janeiro (2016-17)
- Turkey: Vakifbank Istanbul (2015-16)
- Azerbaijan: Lokomotiv Baku (2014-15)
- Italy: Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio (2013-14)
- Germany: SSC Palmberg Schwerin (2012-13)
- Belgium: Asterix AVO Beveren (2011-12)
- The Netherlands: Martinus Amstelveen (2010-11)