Diet Coke Classic
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Aug. 31-Sept. 1, 2018
VolleyMob brought you the Day 1 results of the Diet Coke Classic in Minneapolis as the host Golden Gophers moved to 3-0 and offense ruled the day. Saturday brought two more wins for No. 4 Minnesota, leaving the team among the national ranks of the unbeaten a 5-0 and sewing up the tournament title.
Minnesota def. Georgia Southern 3-0 (25-13, 25-13, 25-10)
Arkansas def. North Dakota State 3-1 (22-25, 25-15, 25-16, 25-12)
Georgia Southern def. NDSU 3-0 (25-19, 27-25, 25-18)
- Box Score
- Georgia Southern Recap / NDSU Recap
Minnesota def. Arkansas 3-0 (25-15, 25-19, 25-18)
MVP: Regan Pittman (Minnesota)
- Samantha Seliger-Swenson (Minnesota)
- Adanna Rollins (Minnesota)
- Kelly O’Brien (Arkansas)
- Okiana Valle (Arkansas)
- Abbi Klos (NDSU)
- Skylar Ball (Georgia Southern)
- Three different players led the Gopher offense on the weekend: Stephanie Samedy (11 kills) vs. NDSU on Friday, Claire Sheehan (8 kills) vs. Georgia Southern and Regan Pittman (12 kills) vs. Arkansas
- Minnesota hit .300 or better in seven of its nine sets of action, including a .632 effort in Set 3 (12-0-19) of the win against Georgia Southern.
- The Gophers racked up 21 blocks on the weekend, while keeping opponents to a combined .061 hitting effort.
- Georgia Southern earned its first win of the season, topping NDSU on Saturday.
- Nearly 5000 fans were in attendance both days.
- 4,914 (Minnesota vs. North Dakota State)
- 4,728 (Minnesota vs. Georgia Southern)
- 4,804 (Minnesota vs. Arkansas)
Some of our #Gophers had some firsts this weekend. Congrats to Kayla Buford (first collegiate start), Lauren Litzau and Alice Zeimann (first collegiate action)! pic.twitter.com/qqTmALfDcu
— Minnesota Volleyball (@GopherVBall) September 2, 2018