2018 FIVB Men’s Volleyball Nations League
- May 25-July 8, 2018
- Pools – Various Locations; Finals – Lille, France
Third ranked Poland has announced 15 players for its opening week roster for men’s Volleyball Nations League play. One player will have to be cut by Wednesday’s deadline.
“Before each of the tournaments I will make changes in the frame.” head coach Vital Heynen said. “These are the actions planned and I hope that I will not have to make corrections due to injuries.”
Poland kicks off its Volleyball Nations League action in Pool 3, which will be home matches for the Polish side, set to be played in Katowice and Cracow. Opponents are No. 6 Canada, No. 4 Russia and No. 21 South Korea.
The roster is similar to that used by the Polish team at the 2017 CEV European Championships
Six members of the 2016 Olympic team, which finished fifth, are included in the group of 15: outside hitters Dawid Konarski and Bartosz Kurek, middle Piotr Nowakowski, opposite Bartosz Bednorz, setter Grzegorz Lomacz, and libero Pawel Zatorski.
Poland Roster – Volleyball Nations League Week 1
- Outside Hitters: Dawid Konarski, Lukasz Kaczmarek, Bartosz Kurek, Damian Schulz
- Setters: Grzegorz Lomacz, Marcin Janusz
- Middles: Piotr Nowakowski, Bartlomiej Lemanski, Jakub Kochanowski
- Opposite: Artur Szalpuk, Michal Kubicek, Aleksander Plum, Bartosz Bednorz
- Libero: Pawel Zatorski, Kacper Piechocki