South Dakota’s Hayley Dotseth and Evansville’s Midrelis Rodriguez joined the elite ranks of the 1,000 kill/1,000 dig club.
Dotseth notched her 1,000th kill in a sweep of South Dakota State on Sunday, part of a 16-kill haul. The Johnston, Iowa, native pulled up her 1,000th career dig a few weeks ago and that tally now stands at 1054.
Hayley Dotseth hammers home her 1,000th career kill! #WeAreSouthDakota #GoYotes pic.twitter.com/F3mZbfWX3U
— Coyote Volleyball (@SDCoyotesVB) October 7, 2018
Dotseth is the 13th active member of the 1000/1000 club. She is one of 12 players to reach the 1,000 kill milestone on Week 7.
Midrelis surpassed the 1,000 kill milestone with 11 putaways against Missouri State on Saturday. With seven kills and seven digs on Monday against Northern Iowa, all told, the senior outside now has 1,250 digs and 1,014 kills.
Four other players are approaching the group.
|Brenna McIlroy, Auburn||1,171||978|
|Devon Rachel, College of Charleston||1,091||978|
|Bryn Recker, James Madison||1021||934|
|Blessing Dunn, New Orleans||953||1108|
Newest 1,000 Kill Club Members
- Molly Livingston, High Point (1,024) – the senior reached 1,000 with nine putaways against Presbyterian on Friday then added four on Saturday vs. Charleston Southern and 17 vs. ETSU on Tuesday.
- Bryn Recker, James Madison (1,021) – the senior posted her 1,000th kill amongst 19 at Elon on Saturday.
- Emily Hill, Texas Tech (1,019) – the junior notched her milestone kill in the Red Raiders’ five-set win over Kansas State on Wednesday.
- Anna Walsh, TCU (1,018) – after registering 301 kills as a rookie at Virginia, Walsh has piled up 717 putaways with the Frogs, including 10 against Texas on Wednesday to reach 1,000.
- Midrelis Rodriguez, Evansville (1,014)
- Sara Dyslin, Jacksonville (1,014) – the second to the last of 14 kills in a sweep of North Alabama on Friday put the senior over 1,000.
- Julia Flynn, Bryant (1,011) – the redshirt senior posted 12 kills in a Saturday win over Fairleigh Dickinson, the first of which put her at 1,000.
- Micaya White, Texas (1,010) – the junior downed 19 kills in a five-set win over Texas on Wednesday to move to 1,001.
- Kaela Straw, Idaho (1,003)- the senior notched four kills in a sweep of Portland State to creep past 1,000.
- Addison Kaderli, Charleston Southern (1,001) – the senior collected her 1,000th kill as part of a seven kill effort against High Point on Saturday.
- Hayley Dotseth, South Dakota (1,001)
- Gabi Maciagowski, Loyola Chicago (1,000) – the senior registered eight kills vs. Valparaiso to surpass the milestone, making her the fifth active Missouri Valley Conference player to do so.
Approaching 1,000 Kills
|Emily Thorson, Tulsa||999|
|Lindsey Knudsen, Saint Mary’s (CA)||993|
|Jacqueline Quade, Illinois||992|
|Margherita Bianchin, FIU||987|
|Jenna Rosenthal, Marquette||983|
|Paige Alsten, Mercer||981|
|Meg Wolowicz, Northern Illinois||976|
|Melanie McHenry, Louisville||975|
|Sabrina Stillwell, Brown||973|
|Mckenna Miller, BYU||970|
|Maria Bellinger, Delaware||969|
|Rachel Giustino, Murray State||953|
|Jemma Yeadon, Notre Dame||953|
|Blessing Dunn, New Orleans||953|
|Kayla Williams, North Dakota||952|
|Mikayla Shields, South Carolina||950|
Newest 1,000 Dig Club Members
- Megan Kern, Central Michigan (1,035) – a team-high 15 digs against Western Michigan on Friday pushed the junior over 1,000. She then added 23 saves against Northern Illinois on Saturday.
- Madi Fields, Wyoming (1,019) – the junior notched her 1000th dig in an 18-save effort against Colorado State on Tuesday, Oct. 2. She tacked on 17 digs against Air Force on Thursday.
- Taylor Els, Northern Colorado (1,017) – the junior reached 1000 with a match-high 18 digs against Weber State on Saturday.
- Haley Coleman, Stephen F. Austin (1,003) – the senior just missed a double-double against Northwestern State on Saturday, adding nine digs to her 13 kills, but it was enough to put her over 1000 saves.
- Aniah Philo, Baylor (1,001) – the senior posted a 13-kill, 12-dig double-double against Kansas on Saturday to reach 1,000 saves.
Approaching 1,000 Digs
|Allison Penner, UNC Greensboro||992|
|Jade Tingelhoff, Cincinnati||989|
|Patricia Mattingly, Navy||985|
|Brenna McIlroy, Auburn||978|
|Devon Rachel, College of Charleston||978|
|Hailey Harward, Long Beach State||970|
|Lisa Mordell, Tulane||966|
|Madison Jaqua, Purdue Fort Wayne||965|
|Kristen Stucker, Austin Peay||965|