- Oct. 12
Florida survived a road-test from South Carolina, while Missouri also picked up a road win at Ole Miss. Texas A&M and Arkansas held home court against Auburn and Mississippi State respectively.
- Texas A&M def. Auburn 3-0
- Florida def. South Carolina 3-2
- Missouri def. Ole Miss 3-0
- Arkansas def. Mississippi State 3-1
#9 Florida def. South Carolina 3-2 (25-17, 25-15, 18-25, 24-26, 15-12)
- Florida has now won 20 straight in the all-time series with the Gamecocks. South Carolina did however win its first set off the Gators since 2014.
- The Gators hit .458 and .471 in the first two sets, but managed just an .088 effort in Set 3 before bouncing back. Florida outhit South Carolina .309 to .218 for the match and also boasted the advantage in kills (61-55), aces (7-4) and blocks (10-9).
- It was a homecoming for rookie sensation Thayer Hall and she responded with a team-best 16 kills to lead the Gators in her home state.
- Hall had help from four other players with eight or more kills: Holly Carlton (13), Rachael Kramer (11), Taelor Kellum (9) and Paige Hammons (8). Hall hit just .179, but the other four hit .300 or better. Kramer put up a team-best nine blocks.
- Brittany McLean (career high 18), Jess Vastine (career high 14) and Mikayla Shields (11) led the way for the Gamecocks. Shields rounded out a double-double with 13 digs, while Mikayla Robinson put up five blocks.
- South Carolina led 7-6 in Set 5, before Florida turned the tables with a 5-1 run including two Kellum putaways to go up 11-8. The teams traded points from there leading to the 15-12 Gator win, which came on a Kramer kill.
When you are going 🏠 with another 5⃣ set win, this time on the road at South Carolina! 🐊😤💪
Highlights from a hard fought battle! 🏐👇 pic.twitter.com/oNqu4mcZ8S
— Gators Volleyball (@GatorsVB) October 13, 2018
(RV) Missouri def. Ole Miss 3-0 (25-16, 31-29, 25-19)
- Missouri moves to 15-4, 5-2 SEC; Ole Miss falls to 11-9, 1-5 SEC
- Box Score
- Missouri Recap / Ole Miss Recap
- Missouri racked up double-digit blocks for the 14th time in 19 matches, outdoing Ole Miss 12-4 at the net.
- Missouri started the match with a .519 hitting clip and, despite falling off to a .200 effort in Set 3, outhit Ole Miss .356 to .116. The Rebels boasted a 7-5 edge in aces.
- The Tigers used a balanced attack with four players adding seven or more kills. Dariana Holllingsworth and Leketor Member-Meneh notched 10 putdowns apiece, while each hitting better than .500 (.556 and .529 respectively.) Kylie Deberg (9) and Tyanna Omazic (7) followed. Omazic added a team-best six blocks.
- Emily Stroup notched a match-high 14 kills and nine digs for Ole Miss, but hit just .105. Caitlin Wernentin and Aubrey Sultemeier chimed in with seven kills apiece.
- Mizzou led Set 2 24-21, only to see Ole Miss score four in a row to earn a set-point try of its own at 25-24 after back-to-back aces by Stroup. The Rebels went on to have four set-point tries, the last at 28-27, before giving may to a final 4-1 push by Missouri. Member-Meneh notched two kills and a block in the last stretch.
🎥 HIGHLIGHTS l Three Tigers eclipse .500 hitting, leading to outstanding collective offensive night. Hollingsworth & Member-Meneh lead the way individually with 10 kills apiece#MIZ #ShowMe 🐯🏐 pic.twitter.com/XkSUW4QoP1
— Mizzou Volleyball (@MizzouVB) October 13, 2018
Texas A&M def. Auburn 3-0 (25-19, 25-17, 25-21)
- Texas A&M moves to 11-7, 4-2 SEC; Auburn falls to 8-9, 1-6 SEC
- Box Score
- Texas A&M Recap / Auburn Recap
- Texas A&M hit .300 or better in all three sets, outhitting Auburn a season-high .424 to .188 for the match. The Aggies also outdid the Tigers 49-34 in kills and 6-5 in blocks. Auburn boasted a slight 3-2 edge in aces.
- Hollann Hans paced the Aggies with 16 kills on a .444 hitting effort. Makena Patterson added nine putaways on a team-best .643 clip (9-0-14). London Austin-Roark chipped in eight kills on a .615 hitting effort (8-0-13).
- Gwyn Jones and Taylor Rowland downed nine kills apiece to lead Auburn. Shaina White added four kills and three blocks.
- Auburn boasted a 19-16 advantage in Set 3, before succumbing to a 9-2 Aggie run. Four Tiger miscues and three Hans putaways helped Texas A&M close out the match.
Big sweep in front of the #12thMan on Friday night! Highlights of the win over Auburn are below.
We're home three more times in October and we can't wait to see YOU at Reed:
🏐 Fri 10/19 vs TEN
🏐 Sun 10/21 vs UK
🏐 Fri 10/26 vs ALA
🎟️ https://t.co/sN37MhKZ2L #GigEm pic.twitter.com/EGA49I6WAH
— Texas A&M Volleyball (@AggieVolleyball) October 13, 2018
Arkansas def. Mississippi State 3-1 (23-25, 25-23, 25-18, 25-12)
- Arkansas moves to 8-9, 2-5 SEC; Mississippi State falls to 5-14, 1-5 SEC
- Box Score
- Arkansas Recap / Mississippi State Recap
- Mississippi State outhit Arkansas .273 to .128, but was outdone the rest of the way as the Razorbacks bounced back to hit .300 or better including a .458 effort in Set 4. All told, Arkansas outhit the Bulldogs .305 to .241, while also boasting a 68-41 advantage in kills.
- Hailey Dirrigl led a group of four Razorbacks with double-digit kills, posting 18. Kelly O’Brien (16), Logan Brown (14) and Elizabeth Pamphile (10) follow. Brown hit at a .500 clip while Fernanda Guitron notched a .667 effort with nine kills (9-1-12).
- Amarrah Cooks (13) and Paige Shaw (12) led the Bulldog offense. Cooks hit at a .600 clip (13-1-20) and turned in a team-best five blocks.
- Arkansas dominated Set 4, closing out the stanza on a 10-0 run.