- Lucerne, Switzerland
- May 9-13, 2018
The United States is making a splash in Lucerne, Switzerland with four men’s teams and two women’s teams earning a spot in the Round of 16 after pool play and the first knockout round wrapped up on Friday.
On the men’s side, pool play winners with crowned with Americans Bill Kolinske/Miles Evans and Casey Patterson/Stafford Slick taking Pool B and Pool H respectively. Other pool titles went to
- Maxime Thiercy/Arnaud Gauthier-Rat (France)
- Arnas Rumsevicius/Lukas Kazdallis (Lithuania)
- Dries Koekelkoren/Tom van Walle (Belgium)
- Maciej Rudol/Kacper Kujawiak (Poland)
- Enrico Rossi/Marco Caminati (Italy)
- Adrian Heidrich/Mirco Gerson (Switzerland)
In addition to Kolinske/Evans and Patterson/Slick, Sean Rosenthal/Chase Budinger and John Mayer/Trevor Crabb are on to Round 3 with straight set wins in the knockout round.
Americans Kelley Larsen/Emily Stockman went 2-0 with straight set wins to take the Pool H title. Other pool winners on the women’s side included:
- Josemari Alves/Liliane Maestrini (Brazil)
- Kim Behrens/Sandra Ittlinger (Germany)
- Jolien Sinnema/Laura Bloem (Netherlands)
- Marleen Ramong-van Iersel/Joy Stubbe (Netherlands)
- Katharina Schutzenhofer/Lena Pleslutschnig (Austria)
- Tina Graudina/Anastasija Kravcenoka (Latvia)
- Maria Clara/Elize Maia (Brazil)
In the knockout round, Americans Betsi Flint/Emily Day outlasted Brazil’s Juliana/Andressa 21-18, 16-21, 15-7 to move on to Round 3, while countrywomen Lane Carico/Lara Dykstra fell in straight sets to Japan’s Futami/Hasegawa.