This week’s VolleyMob Player of the Week Tanner Syftestad not only had stand out stats on Week 3, but has maintained his hold on the top spot nationally in kills (5.15) and points per set (6.08).
Syftestad’s prowess also has his UC San Diego squad tops nationally in kills per set.
No. 1 Long Beach State is the lone team in the nation hitting over .400, checking in a .403, which is a big key to the 49ers 7-0 start. Hawaii is not far behind, however, as the 6-0 Rainbow Warriors boast a .398 hitting clip.
LBSU’s Kyle Ensing is hitting .428 to lead the way for the team and Big West Conference, but ranks just 10th nationally in the category. Loyola Chicago’s Paul Narup is hitting .583 with 37 kills and just two errors in 60 attempts. McKendree’s Brendan Schmidt also is hitting over .500, notching a .505 effort.
At the net, Concordia-Irvine has put up a nation-leading 3.38 stuffs per set. Cal State Northridge (3.13), Hawaii (3.05) and Charleston (WV) (3.00) follow.
Charleston also excels in the backcourt with 11.60 digs per set.
See all of the statistical leaders below after the first three weeks of the 2018 season. Full statistical rankings can be found on the NCAA website.
- Team Kills Per Set: UC San Diego – 13.23
- Individual Kills Per Set: Tanner Syftestad, UC San Diego (5.15)
- Individual Points Per Set: Tanner Syftestad, UC San Diego (6.08)
- Team Hitting Percentage: Long Beach State (.403)
- Individual Hitting Percentage: Paul Narup, Loyola Chicago (.583)
- Team Assists Per Set: Hawaii – 12.47
- Individual Assists Per Set: Chandler Gibb, Concordia (CA) – 11.25
- Team Blocks Per Set: Concordia (CA) – 3.38
- Individual Blocks Per Set: Connor Hipelius, Lindenwood – (1.44)
- Team Digs Per Set: Charleston (WV) – 11.60
- Individual Digs Per Set: Joshua Ayzenberg, Sacred Heart (3.50); Conner Nagaki, Queens (NC)
- Opponent Hitting Percentage: Lindenwood (0.126)