North Dakota State and TCU, both of whom had matches cancelled by Hurricane Florence this coming weekend, will play a match in Fort Worth, Texas on Friday, September 14th at 7PM. This will be the first-ever matchup between the two schools.
North Dakota State was scheduled to play Duke and UNC in North Carolina this weekend, but chose not to travel with a potentially-catastrophic hurricane heading toward the North Carolina coast. TCU was scheduled to play at the Coastal Carolina Invitational in Conway, South Carolina located close to the expected center of landfall of the storm.
North Dakota State is 2-8 this season, while TCU is 7-3.
Other NCAA Volleyball Cancelled (with links for more):
- UNCW Seahawk Invitational, Wilmington, North Carolina tournament cancelled – South Carolina State, Western Carolina, Charleston Southern, Providence, UNCW
- North Dakota State cancelled its trip to play UNC and Duke, and is looking for other local matches.
- Coastal Carolina cancelled the Coastal Carolina classic in Conway, South Carolina – Coastal Carolina, TCU, College of Charleston, #9 Pitt
- Campbell Invitational, Buies Creek, North Carolina – Campbell, Loyola (MD), North Carolina Central, Mercer
- William & Mary Second Colonial Invitational, Williamsburg Virginia – Lehigh, Morgan State, East Carolina, William & Mary
- UNC vs. Duke – postponed
- Winthrop vs. Citadel – canceled
- Tussel in the Triad – Elon, Kansas, High Point, UNCG – canceled
New Matches Created:
- TCU vs. North Dakota State – Friday, 7PM
- LaSalle vs. Loyola (MD) – Thursday
- High Point, Liberty, and #9 Pitt will play a new tournament hosted by Pitt on Saturday, September 15th.
- UNCG vs. High Point will move to November 3rd