Note: To spread excitement for one of the top professional men’s leagues in the world, VolleyMob will profile each of the 12 teams competing in French Ligue A during the 2017-2018 season.
- Rennes Volley 35 Team Site
- 2017-2018 Rennes Volley 35 Roster
- French Ligue A Site
- 2017-2018 Schedule
- VolleyMob’s 5 Reasons to Follow French Ligue A
After three seasons in the second division, the Rennes Volley 35 side returns to Ligue A after winning the Ligue B playoffs last April, sweeping AS Orange Nassau in the finals. They return several key contributors from last season’s successful run, including 38-year-old setter Kert Toobal, who recently played with Estonia at the 2017 European Championships, as well as opposite Arvydas Miseikis and middle Rodney Ah-Kong.
Players to Watch
Rookie middle Amir Lugo-Rodriguez joins the Rennes Volley 35 side after a successful university career at Long Beach State in the USA where he was named a 2017 first-team All-American. Greg Petty, another former first-team All-American while at Lewis University, transfers in after professional stops in Finland and Greece. Rennes Volley 35 has also retooled themselves defensively with the addition of receiver-attacker Emmanuel Ragondet and Sebastian Closter, who won Ligue A last season with Chaumont 52.
- Emmanuel Ragondet from AS Cannes in French Ligue A
- Greg Petty from Pamvochaikos V.C. in Greece
- Leo Meyer from ASPTT Strasbourg in France
- Amir Lugo-Rodriguez from Long Beach State in the USA
- Sebastian Closter from Chaumont 52 in French Ligue A
- Björn Höhne to Universitatea Craiova in Romania
- Nikola Kovačević to C.S. Arcada Galati in Romania
- Neven Majstorović to C.S. Arcada Galati in Romania
- Valentin Bouleau to Paris Volley in French Ligue A
3 Must-See Matches
- Rennes Volley 35 v. Paris Volley (Oct. 14, 2017) What better way to reengage with Ligue A action than an opener against perennial front-runner Paris Volley?
- Rennes Volley 35 v. Montpellier (Oct. 21, 2017) The excitement surrounding the return to Ligue A will be on full display in the side’s home opener.
- Rennes Volley 35 v. Chaumont 52 (Nov. 25, 2017) First match between the new members of Ligue A and last season’s champs will also feature libero Sebastian Closter playing his former team.
* Indicates new roster addition
- Malick Frederic, receiver/attacker
- Titouan Halle, receiver/attacker
- Xavier Kapfer, receiver/attacker
- Tanguy Nevot, receiver/attacker
- Greg Petty, receiver/attacker
- Emmanuel Ragondet, receiver/attacker
- David Feughoud, opposite
- Arvydas Miseikis, opposite
- Gildas Prevert, middle
- Gerald Hardy-Dessources, middle
- Amir Lugo-Rodriguez, middle
- Yenzi Clifford, middle
- Rodney Ken Ah-Kong, middle
- Léo Meyer, setter*
- Robin Neraudau, setter
- Kert Toobal, setter
- Sebastian Closter, libero
- Alexandre Klein, libero
La balle de 2ème set! Chaude ambiance à Colette-Besson!!! 😍👏🍀 #AllezRennes #PlayOffs #LBM @LNV
Posted by Rennes Volley 35 on Friday, April 7, 2017