Three players joined the 1,000 kill/1,000 dig club on Week 9 as Auburn’s Brenna McIlroy, College of Charleston’s Devon Rachel and American’s Aleksandra Kazala each crossed the 1,000 digs mark.
McIlroy notched her 1,000th dig amidst a 13-save effort at Missouri on Friday, making her second start at libero. The senior is the seventh player in school history to join the 1,000/1,000 club. She boasts 1,176 kills and 1,006 digs.
In the 3rd set, senior @Brenna_McIlroy notched her 1⃣0⃣0⃣0⃣th career dig!
She becomes just the 7th Tiger in history to reach that milestone in both kills and digs!
CONGRATS BRENNA!#WarEagle | #AMBUSH18 pic.twitter.com/nGZjFuX7ea
— Auburn Volleyball (@AuburnVB) October 20, 2018
Rachel posted her 1,000th dig on her first of seven in a four-set win over UNC Wilmington on Sunday. The senior outside hitter also notched a career-high and four-set match 30 kills and three blocks in the match, while becoming the ninth player in CofC history to reach the 1,000/1,000 club. All told, she has 1,155 kills and 1,006 digs.
Set 1 | COFC 17, UNCW 13 |
Congratulations to senior Devon Rachel who, with that last dig, becomes the ninth player in program history to record both 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs! #comeCus pic.twitter.com/2x3ULd9U8n
— CofC Volleyball (@CofCVolleyball) October 21, 2018
Kazala posted her 1,000th dig with a 13-kills, seven dig effort against Bucknell on Sunday. All told, she has 1,521 kills and 1,001 digs.
Two other players are inching closer to joining the 17-member 1000/1000 club group.
|Bryn Recker, James Madison||1046||975|
|Blessing Dunn, New Orleans||995||1212|
Newest 1,000 Kill Club Members
- 1.009 – Rachel Giustino, Murray State – the junior posted 16 kills in the team’s five-set win over Jacksonville to become the 14th Racer in program history to reach 1,000 kills.
- 1,007 – Jemma Yeadon, Notre Dame – the junior downed 18 kills on a .317 hitting effort in a four-set win over Virginia to notch her 1,000th kill. She is the 23rd Irish player to reach 1,000.
- 1,005 – McKenna Miller, BYU – the junior recorded 10 kills in the Cougars’ sweep of Pepperdine on Saturday to reach 1,000.
- 1,003 – Ann Ernst, Loyola Maryland – the junior turned in 17 kills in a five-set loss to Lehigh on Saturday to cross the 1,000-kill milestone.
Approaching 1,000 Kills
|Anna Haak, Marquette||998|
|Blessing Dunn, New Orleans||995|
|Ellie Dunn, Ball State||993|
|Kevreion Ward, Grambling||991|
|Emily Baptista, USC||990|
|Mikayla Shields, South Carolina||989|
|Kayla Williams, North Dakota||986|
|Karlie Taylor, UNI||980|
|Jessica Wolf, Green Bay||977|
|Sherridan Atkinson, Purdue||974|
|Mallory Mattingly, Jacksonville||973|
|Sahbria McLetchie, Rutgers||964|
|Erica Treiber, Tennessee||964|
|Mckenna Granato, Hawaii||958|
|Alexis Hart, Minnesota||952|
Newest 1,000 Dig Club Members
- 1,037 – Hailey Harward, Long Beach State – the junior tallied a season-high 24 digs to reach 1,000 as the 49ers topped UC Santa Barbara in five sets on Friday.
- 1,012 – Patricia Mattingly, Navy – the senior setter surpassed 1,000 digs with 10 digs and 36 assists in a sweep of Lehigh on Friday. Her final dig of the night gave her 1,005, moving her into sixth in Navy history. She is the first Navy player to notch more than 3,000 assists and 1000 digs.
- 1,006 – Devon Rachel, College of Charleston
- 1,006 – Brenna McIlroy, Auburn
- 1,001 – Aleksandra Kazala, American
Approaching 1,000 Digs
|Lisa Mordell, Tulane||999|
|Brianna Doehrmann, Utah||993|
|Madison Jaqua, Purdue Fort Wayne||990|
|Shayne McPherson, Washington||989|
|Lauren Anderson, Lipscomb||985|
|Elisa Edman, Davidson||982|
|Bryn Recker, James Madison||975|
|Katie McCullough, UNCW||969|
|Kekai Whitford, Loyola Marymount||964|
|Alejandra Rodriguez, Quinnipiac||963|
|Erineka Moller, Grambling||958|
|Tatum Ticknor, Arkansas State||957|
|Olivia Budinich, Rhode Island||957|
|Markayisha Masani, Jackson State||956|
|Nicole Abreu, Cal Baptist||954|
|Emily Allen, UC Davis||953|
|Sophia Coffey, Seton Hall||952|
|Bailey Jefferson, Southern||952|
|Tamia Dockery, Howard||951|
|Kelsey Miller, Virginia||950|