- Conference Carolinas Preview
- EIVA Conference Preview
- MIVA Conference Preview
- VolleyMob Preseason Rankings
The new-look MPSF conference will welcome in Grand Canyon and Concordia (Irvine) for the 2018 season. However, after losing perennial powers to the newly-formed Big West men’s volleyball conference, the MPSF will have a couple of early favorites, but overall should be wide open for who holds supremacy.
PRESEASON POLL: BYU voted as MPSF favorites for the third-straight season #mpsfvb pic.twitter.com/UlNSJVf3JN
— MPSF Volleyball (@MPSFVolleyball) December 8, 2017
- Leo Durkin – Senior Setter (BYU)
~ 2017 Statistics: 10.38 assists per set, 15 aces, 124 digs. 2017 All-MPSF Honorable Mention
- Price Jarman – Senior Middle Blocker (BYU)
– 2017 Statistics: .464 hitting %, 0.98 blocks per set. 2017 All-MPSF Second Team
- Brendan Sander – Senior Outside Hitter (BYU)
~ 2017 Statistics: 2.95 kills per set, 30 aces, 90 digs. 2017 All-MPSF Second Team
- Jake Arnitz Senior Outside Hitter (UCLA)
~ 2017 Statistics: 3.51 kills per set, 67 digs, 42 blocks. 2017 MPSF First Team
- Daenan Gyimah – Sophomore Middle Blocker (UCLA)
~ 2017 Statistics: .494 hitting %, 0.98 blocks per set. 2017 All-MPSF Honorable Mention
- Micah Ma’a – Junior Setter/Opposite (UCLA)
~ 2017 Statistics: 6.49 assists per set, 27 aces, 119 digs, 65 blocks. 2017 All-MPSF Honorable Mention
- Michael Wexter – Junior Opposite (Pepperdine)
~ 2017 Statistics: 2.53 kills per set, 21 Aces, 47 Blocks
- David Wieczorek – Redshirt Junior Outside Hitter (Pepperdine)
~ 2017 Statistics: 3.86 kills per set (.354 hitting %), 47 blocks. 2017 All-MPSF First Team
- Evan Enriques – Senior Libero (Stanford)
~ 2017 Statistics: 215 digs (2.36 digs per set). 2017 All-MPSF Honorable Mention
- Jordan Ewert – Junior Outside Hitter (Stanford)
~ 2017 Statistics: 3.47 kills per set, 19 aces, 93 digs. 2017 All-MPSF Honorable Mention
- Matt Douglas – Sophomore Libero (USC)
~ 2017 Statistics: 211 digs (2.11 digs per set)
- Gianluca Grasso – Junior Outside Hitter (USC)
~ 2017 Statistics: 3.32 kills per set, 96 digs
- Cullen Mosher– Redshirt Senior Outside Hitter (Grand Canyon)
~ 2017 Statistics: 2.87 kills per set, 101 digs, 27 aces. 2017 All-MIVA Second Team
- Jonathan Predney – Senior Outside Hitter (Concordia)
~ 2017 Statistics: 320 Kills, 57 Blocks
BYU (VolleyMob Preseason #3)
- 2017 Highlights plus 2018 Outlook: Overall Record 26-5 (16-2 MPSF). Lost in the NCAA Final to Ohio State. The Cougars graduate Ben Patch, Jake Langlois, Joseph Grosh, and Tim Dobbert, but return key starters Brendan Sander, Leo Durkin and Erik Sikes. In addition, youngsters Miki Jauhiainen, Will Stanley, Andrew Lincoln, Storm Fa-agata-Tufuga, and Felipe de Brito Ferreira all look to play key roles this season.
UCLA (VolleyMob Preseason #4)
- 2017 Highlights plus 2018 Outlook: Overall Record 17-10 (10-8 MPSF). The Bruins return every starter except Mitch Stahl. Micah Ma’a, Jake Arnitz, J.T. Hatch, Daenan Gyimah, Oliver Martin, and Dylan Missry will carry a heavy workload this season. The team welcomes in the top recruiting class in the country led by Ian Parrish, Colin Bailey, and Adam Parks who will could make an impact in 2018 and beyond.
Stanford (VolleyMob Preseason #6)
- 2017 Highlights plus 2018 Outlook: Overall Record 13-13 (8-10). The Cardinal return most of their 2017 roster and will welcome a strong recruiting class including top recruit Jaylen Jasper. Jordan Ewert, Evan Enriques, Kevin Rakestraw, and Paul Bischoff are returning starters who hope to help the Cardinal rebound from a tough 2017 campaign. Stanford signed a strong recruiting class that includes Jasper, J.P. Reilly, and Kyler Presho.
Grand Canyon (VolleyMob Preseason #16)
- 2017 Highlights plus 2018 Outlook: 19-11 (11-5 MIVA). Lost to Ohio State in the MIVA Finals. The ‘Lopes join the MPSF after a strong 2017 campaign in the MIVA. Cullen Mosher, Ashton King, Puna Kaniho, Shalev Saada, and Trevor Williams will be looked upon to lead the 2018 squad. New additions include Avery Enriques, Ryan Losch, and Hugo Fischer.
Pepperdine (VolleyMob Preseason #10)
- 2017 Highlights plus 2018 Outlook: 10-12 (8-10 MPSF). The Waves will have to replace the 2017 production of Mitchell Penning, Joshua Stewart, Soren Dion-Kindem, Alex Harthaller. In addition, David Hunt takes over for legend Marv Dunphy on the sidelines. Pepperdine will look to David Wieczorek, Michael Wexter, Colby Harriman and Noah Dyer to lead the 2018 squad. Three freshman setters, Robert Mullahey, Ben Hancock, and Jon Minsburg, will compete for the starting position.
USC (VolleyMob Preseason #14)
- 2017 Highlights plus 2018 Outlook: The Trojans had an up and down 2017 season, and will have to replace the production of recently graduated Lucas Yoder and Andy Benesh. Gianluca Grasso, Woody Cook, Gert Lisha, and Matt Douglas all return and will join a strong recruiting class that includes Sam Lewis, Mitch Haly, Chris Hall, and Billy Fauntleroy.
Rounding Out the Group:
- 2017 Highlights plus 2018 Outlook: Overall Record 18-12 (Independent). The Eagles will face a tough task as they enter the MPSF after playing as an independent. The 2018 team will look to Jonathan Predney, Taylor Falduti and Chandler Gibb for leadership and experience as they navigate the MPSF for the first time.
MPSF T.V. SCHEDULE
Get ready to have your eyes glued to your TV because there will be 26 televised matches this season for MPSF teams ?? #mpsfvb #ncaamvb #growthegame @AVCAVolleyball @offtheblock11 pic.twitter.com/a15H4Mgdvh
— MPSF Volleyball (@MPSFVolleyball) December 26, 2017
VOLLEYMOB MPSF PREDICTION:
- Grand Canyon
Leave a Reply