2017-2018 BRAZILIAN MEN’S SUPERLIGA
- 10/14 – 03/17 – Regular Season
- Official League Site
- Power Rankings
- Round 1; Round 2; Round 3; Round 4
This week of play saw some elite volleyball action, as Brazil’s top clubs continue to dominate their opponents. Serbian national Marko Ivovic had his second start of the season for Taubaté, as he is all but completely healed from his ankle injury, and showed why the team signed in for so much money. Cuban Yoandy Leal gave us another display of why he is one of the best players in the world, with yet another dominating performance. Most surprisingly, Sesc/RJ is making a run at the top of the standings. Below, you’ll check out all of the week’s action:
- Sesc/RJ beat Ponta Grossa/Caramuru 3-0 (15/25 19/25 15/25) behind João Rafael’s 12 points, while Caio Fazanha had 11 points in the losing effort. Ponta Grossa was out-blocked 11 to 3 in the game, as Sesc hit 65% as a team for the game.
- Sada/Cruzeiro beat Lebes/Canoas 3-1 (22/25 17/25 25/22 13/25) behind Yoandy Leal‘s 22 points on 19 for 28 hitting (68%). Meanwhile, Leandro Silva had 14 points in the losing effort. Cruzeiro hit 65% as a team for the game.
- Corinthians/Guarulhos beat Copel Telecom/Maringá 3-0 (24/26 21/25 18/25) behind Rodrigo Nascimento‘s 11 points, while Alisson Bastos had 13 points in the losing effort. Maringá was out-blocked 11 to 2 in the game, as Corinthians hit 58% for the match.
- EMS Funvic/Taubaté beat JF Vôlei 3-0 (25/16 25/18 25/20) behind Marko Ivovic‘s 13 points on 12 for 18 hitting, while Raphael Marcarini had 14 points in the losing effort. Taubaté hit 65% for the game as a team.
- Minas Tênis Clube beat Sesi/SP 3-1 (20/25 25/23 25/21 25/22) behind Felipe Roque‘s 19 points on 17 for 26 hitting. Lucas Saatkamp had 15 points in the losing effort. Even though Sesi hit 58% as a team for the game, it gifted its opponent with 34 points from errors.
- Volei Renata/Campinas beat Montes Claros Vôlei 3-1 (25/22 15/25 17/25 23/25) behind Leandro Vissoto‘s 22 points on 20 for 34 hitting. Lisandro Zanotti had 14 points in the losing effort. Montes Claros gifted Campinas with 35 points from errors.
Team of the Week: Sesc/RJ
It is not very common from a recently promoted to Superliga team to do this well in its first season of top tier league play. Sesc is not a common team though, as it invested heavily in its roster, and actually brought to its squad a couple of Olympic gold medalists to lead the way. After a surprising first round win against title favorites Taubaté in its Superliga debut, it went on to win all of its games but their match-up against powerhouse Cruzeiro, which they lost in a close tie-break. They now sit on third place on the standings, 5 points away from Cruzeiro, but with two games less still left to play, which means that if Sesc plays its cards right, it could soon become Superliga’s leaders. It already holds the tournament’s best set average at 2.8.
Player of the Week: Leandro Vissoto
View this post on Instagram
Alegria e uma motivação enorme de estar de volta ao nosso campeonato 🇧🇷. Começamos com pé direito ,primeiro passo de uma longa jornada . Repost from @sportandlife Com 23 pontos e 75% de eficiência no ataque, nosso oposto @leandrovissotto foi eleito o melhor jogador em quadra no jogo @voleirenata 3×0 @pontagrossa.caramuru #sportandlife
Once an elite level player at the world level, 7’0″ outside hitter and former national teamer Leandro Vissoto is Campinas‘ biggest signing for the season, and the team’s hopes rests heavily on his performance. So far, he has not disappointed, as he currently leads Superliga with a 4.75 points per set scoring average, one of the main reasons Campinas is being able to keep up with Superliga leaders and currently occupies 6th place in the standings. This week Vissoto had a masterful performance with 22 points on 20 for 34 (59%) hitting as his team netted a much needed win.
|2||EMS TAUBATE FUNVIC||14|
|4||MINAS TENIS CLUBE||13|
|9||MONTES CLAROS VOLEI||4|
Leave a Reply