Modena recently hosted VNL’s Pool 20 in its PalaPanini Arena. Fans got to see world powerhouses Italy, France, USA, and Russia battle it out on 6 games in 2 days. Needless to say, the event was a success. However, what called the attention of the media was Modena‘s president Catia Pedrini‘s message to recently departed from the team Earvin Ngapeth when talking about the event on the team’s official website:
“I am proud and very satisfied to have brought a show of this magnitude to Modena. Only here the crowd brings enormous heat even to games that on paper did not have enormous significance. We have received compliments from the FIVB and FIPAV, Modena Volley is showing a staff of the highest level, I’m really happy. FIVB told us that it regrets not having organized here the stage of the World Cup that was assigned to Bologna. Ngapeth? I told him that I love him, that without him, volleyball is not the same and that I hope he will come back as soon as possible “
We all know Catia treats her favorite players like family. However, this season she lost Bruninho and Earvin, two of her all time favorite Modena sons. Certainly, she is heartbroken. Will they come back next season? Remember that Bruninho almost backed out of his commitment to Lube at the last second. Were their transfers just smokescreens, as they wait for the dust of their tumultuous 2012-18 campaign to settle?
To recall the Ngapeth x Stoytchev feud saga, visit the following articles:
- Trouble Brewing In Modena After Ngapeth’s Feud With Coach Stoytchev
- Modena Confirms It Will Take Disciplinary Action Against Ngapeth
- Modena and Ngapeth Reach An Agreement
- Earvin Ngapeth Announces His Transfer To Russia’s Zenit Kazan
- Stoytchev Fired From Modena
- Catia Pedrini assumes full responsibility for Stoytchev fiasco
- Stoytchev Defends Himself From Players’ Accusations
- Modena’s VP Resigns, Rips Teams’ Players And Staff
- Is Modena Better Off Without Stoytchev, Bruno, And Ngapeth?