2017-2018 BRAZILIAN MEN’S SUPERLIGA
- 10/14 – 03/17 – Regular Season
- Official League Site
- Power Rankings
- Round 1; Round 2; Round 3; Round 4; Round 5; Round 6; Round 7; Round 8; Round 9; Round 10; Round 11
- Round 12; Round 13; Round 14; Round 15; Round 16; Round 17; Round 18; Round 19; Round 20; Round 21; Round 22
No surprises on Superliga’s first round of playoffs. All four first seeds female teams swept their competition in the women’s tournament. Will we see the same with the men?
- Sesc/RJ beat Renata Vôlei/Campinas 3-1 (25/19 25/22 13/25 25/17) behind Paulo Silva’s 15 points. Leandro Vissotto had 14 points in the losing effort. Campinas was not able to capitalize on Sesc‘s 42 errors as a team. Here are the post match reactions:
“We started te game well, serving efficiently. We have to be aggressive all the time. Today we played very well with the high sets, for example. And that was very important to the result. We have to keep the same footprint. From now on, you can not take your foot off. We need to make the team grow again, have confidence in the decisive moments, and be calm.” – Sesi‘s Alan Souza
“The series is long and still open. In the first set they came in with a very strong serve and we could not play with the ends. The game was very close and they beat us due to small details. Now we will recover and at them with everything we got for Wednesday’s game, and I hope our how crowd will help us.” – Campinas‘ Diogo Silva
- Sada/Cruzeiro swept Lebes/Canoas (25/19 26/24 25/15) behind Isac Santos‘ 12 points on 6/7 hitting, including 5 aces and a block. Michel Saraiva had 7 points in the losing effort. Cruzeiro hit 59% from the field while holding Canoas to a 50% effort. Here are the post match reactions:
“Our service game was very effective and we managed to attack and block effectively. Now it is to continue to work and think about the next game. Isac scored a few aces that really helped us. Every game we have different player that steps up to the challenge, and that is great. This is what makes our team different.” – Cruzeiro‘s Evandro Guerra
When playing against Sada, we have to enter the game at 100%. The first two sets we played well. In the third set, Isac really stepped up for them. Their service game worked and made our game difficult. Now it is time to train hard and believe until the end.” – Canoas’ Pedro Gomes.
- Sesi/Sp swept Corinthians/Guarulhos (26/24 28/26 25/23) behind Alan Souza‘s 22 points. Rodrigo Nascimento had 17 points in the losing effort. Here are the post match reactions:
“We knew it would be a hard game and we managed to control the game with the help of our home crowd. Corinthians is a team that makes a small number of mistakes. We made a lot of them in the second set and almost lost it, but we were able to overcome this and play better the third set and close the game.” – Sesi‘s Alan Souza
“We played against a great team which had a regular season much better than ours. The game was decided only in the small details. Sesi was more efficient, but the series is still undecided and the next game will be at our house.” – Corinthians‘ Rivaldo
- EMS Funvic/Taubaté swept Minas (25/21 28/26 25/12) behind Sebastian Solé’s 13 points in a perfect 8/8 hitting. Henrique Honorato had 12 points in the losing effort. Taubaté hit 61% from the field while holding Minas to a 44% effort.
“There is a time that your body asks for a rest, and this is my time. My recovery now takes longer than before. The good thing is that I am living each day like it was the last. Every athlete dreams of ending his career at home with a title, but we still have a lot to progress. We need to think one game at a time.” – Taubaté’s Dante Amaral, who is set to retire at the end of the season
“The first two sets were very competitive, but we lost at the end. The second set was the one we most played next to our standard of performance. In the third set, Dante had a good service sequence, and our team wasn’t able to respond. We are still confident and have plenty of chances of taking this series to its third game.” – Minas‘ Honorato
* All quotes extracted from Melhordovolei.com.br
View this post on Instagram
TROFÉU VIVA VÔLEI Hoje o melhor em quadra foi o nosso ponteiro Dante, que levou o Troféu Viva Vôlei e comemorou muito mais esta importante vitória. . . . VAMOS, TAUBATÉ!!⚪🔵 #EMS #SuaSaúdeMerece #OrgulhoDeSerTaubate #JogandoJunto #Superliga #VoleiTaubate #Taubate #VemProCaldeirao #VôleiBrasil
Leave a Reply