A trio of Top 10 showdowns highlight the action this week, including what should be a highly competitive match between No. 2/2 Texas and No. 6/8 Wisconsin.
Live streaming and stats links are available here, on the VolleyMob TV schedule.
Texas (No. 2 VolleyMob/No. 2 AVCA) at Wisconsin (No. 6 VolleyMob/No. 8 AVCA
2018 Hotel Red Invitational
Saturday, Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. ET
UW Field House | Madison, Wis.
- Texas and Wisconsin each impressed with wins on opening weekend to raise their stock in the week two VolleyMob Top 25 Power Rankings.
- Texas bested 13th-ranked Oregon in 4 and outlasted 7th-ranked national runner-up Florida in 5, the most impactful wins in the country in week 1.
- Junior Micaya White, 2018 Preseason Big 12 Player of the Year, posted a team-high 30 kills (3.33 per set) in the wins, followed closely by freshman Katarina Luketic, who notched 28 kills (3.11 per set) in her collegiate debut.
- Senior Morgan Johnson was named VERT Challenge MVP and Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week after tallying 14 blocks (1.56 per set) and 17 kills in the two matches.
- Wisconsin began the season with a sweep of North Carolina and collected a 4-set win over Florida State.
- Redshirt junior Madison Duello and sophomore Grace Loberg led the Badgers with 22 kills apiece on opening weekend, averaging 3.14 per set.
USC (No. 7 VolleyMob/No. 7 AVCA) at Florida (No. 3 VolleyMob/No. 4 AVCA)
Friday, Aug. 31 at 7 p.m. ET
Exactech Arena | Gainesville, Fla.
- In a national championship rematch, the Gators overcame 3rd-ranked Nebraska in their season-opener before falling to 6th-ranked Texas, 3-2.
- Thayer Hall was dominant in her debut, becoming the first freshman in Gator history to notch 20 kills in her first match. She registered 41 kills (4.56 per set) and 21 digs (2.33 per set) to collect SEC Freshman of the Week recognition.
- Hall and freshman Allie Gregory (37 digs, 10 assists) were both named to the VERT Challenge All-Tournament Team.
- USC turned in an undefeated weekend against ranked foes, tallying a 4-set win over 8th-ranked Kentucky, a sweep of 20th-ranked Northern Iowa and 5-set win against 10th-ranked Creighton.
- Sophomore Brooke Botkin and junior Khalia Lanier fueled the Trojans, tallying 52 kills (4.33 per set) and 48 kills (4.00 per set), respectively, in the three-match stretch.
- Botkin was selected Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week for the first time and Raquel Lazaro (140 assists, 11.67 assists per set) was named Pac-12 Freshman of the Week for their roles at the Trojan Invitational.
Stanford (No. 1 VolleyMob/No. 1 AVCA) at BYU (No. 8 Volleyball/No. 9 AVCA)
BYU Nike Invitational
Friday, Aug. 31 at 9 p.m. ET
Smith Fieldhouse | Provo, Utah
- Top-ranked Stanford, which swept American Sunday and meets Howard Monday night, will receive its first real test when it faces 8th-ranked BYU on Friday.
- BYU opened its season with a pair of wins against Duke, besting the Blue Devils via sweep and in 4 sets last weekend.
- Junior McKenna Miller recorded 27 kills (3.86 per set) to lead the Cougars opening weekend.
Illinois (No. 11 VolleyMob/No. 11 AVCA) at Washington (No. 10 VolleyMob/No. 13 AVCA)
Pac-12/Big Ten Challenge
Saturday, Sept. 1 at 11 p.m. ET
Alaska Airlines Arena | Seattle, Wash.
- Washington defeated 21st-ranked San Diego twice opening weekend, once in 4 sets and a second time in 3.
- Junior Kara Bajema posted 33 kills (4.71 per set) to guide the Huskies to the sweep of the Toreros.
- Illinois fought for a 3-0 start in Fort Collins, Colo., notching a 3-set win over UNC-Wilmington, 5-set win against Colorado State and another 5-set victory over Northern Colorado.
- Junior Jacqueline Quade was impressive for the Fighting Illini, registering 59 kills (4.54 per set) over the weekend.
UCLA (No. 12 VolleyMob/No. 10 AVCA) vs. Baylor (No. 13 VolleyMob/No. 12 AVCA)
San Diego Tournament
Friday, Aug. 31 at 4 p.m. ET
Jenny Craig Pavilion | San Diego, Calif.
- The Bruins and Lady Bears meet one another Friday, testing their fortitude in the first ranked match of the season for both teams.
- UCLA defeated Gonzaga twice in 4 sets inside John Wooden Center opening weekend in matches relocated due to Hurricane Lane.
- Sophomores Jenny Mosser and Mac May led the way for the Bruins with 32 (4.00 per set) and 31 kills (3.88 per set) apiece in the 2-match stretch.
- The Lady Bears won their home Hampton Inn and Suites Waco North Baylor Invitational with victories over LSU and Marquette in 4 sets and Texas State in 3.
- Head coach Ryan McGuyre surpassed 400 career victories with the Saturday morning win over the Bobcats.
- Baylor was led by redshirt junior Shelley Fanning, who was selected Big 12 Co-Offensive Player of the Week and Freshman of the Week after hitting a dominant .559 on the weekend and tallying 41 kills (3.73 per set), and sophomore Yossiana Pressley, who registered 54 kills (4.91 per set) including back-to-back 20-kill nights.